After some recent research, I want to share a quick and simple explanation of the disinfection process. Disinfection is a process with three main components:
- A chemical solution
- Appropriate saturation and application
As our first step, we chose a hospital-grade disinfectant. We are applying the disinfectant using an electrostatic sprayer that saturates both hard and soft surfaces. The level of saturation applied assures the solution does not dry before a kill time of 5-10 minutes is met. Finally, these sprayers charge the solution, making it sticky. The stickiness of the solution effectively sanitizes both hard and soft surfaces, such as couches and the tops of chairs.
How we create a known clean environment
It has become a fundamental need to disinfect your home to a hospital-level quality. The application requires several layers of treatment and will take approximately an hour per 1000 square feet. The treatment includes attention to the inside of drawers, bathroom areas, and hot zones, such as knobs, levers, appliances, etc. For convenience, we can also combine this service with a traditional cleaning service, if needed.
We are currently working on a protocol to reduce the risks of contamination that we are advising our clients to follow. We recognize the need for some balance between living your life while maintaining safety during this trying time. Our goal is to update this site regularly to provide practical tips to integrate into your life.
Service we are now offering
- Hospital-grade disinfecting service as an addon to traditional cleaning services
- Hospital-grade disinfection as a stand-alone service
- Bottles of our disinfectant for home use
Ideas to keep your homes safe during this time
As we transition to a different way of engaging with the world around us, the following are my observations and suggestions that I am in the process of implementing with my family and two kids.
- When coming home, treat the transition a la Mister Rogers by changing into your house shoes and possibly change your clothes, wash your hands, and wipe down your cell phone.
Disinfect the following areas regularly – these are hot zones for germs:
- Laptop keyboards/cell phones
- Light Switches
- Tops of chairs (where people pull the chair out)
- Kids toys—as a side it is easier to wipe down just a few of the favorites, we try to rotate the toys every few months and keep most in the attic (the Mary Kahn approach is working)
- The inside of your car – we can spend a lot of time here and while mine is rarely clean, remembering to disinfect key areas is critical
- Both People’s Pharmacy and Carly Pollack have supplement suggestions to ramp up your immune system– myself and my family have found these very helpful.
I will continue to update everyone as this evolves and we learn more – always feel free to once again email, call, text, or get a free quote for residential disinfection services.