With its reputation for being an eco-minded city that nurtures a passion for the environment, Austin couldn’t resist throwing our planet a party and celebrate eco-awareness with the 2016 Austin Earth Day Festival!
If you consider yourself a lover of the earth and find your calendar empty this weekend, our proud city encourages you to waltz over on Saturday the 23rd to the Mueller Hangar to interact with a kaleidoscope of green companies (both local and national)…for free!
What to Expect
From noon to 7pm, the whole Austinite family is invited to partake in live music, food trucks, “eco-exhibits”, an Expresión Latina, zen zone, and kids’ zone for a day of clean, green fun. The 5th annual Austin Earth Day Festival is also planning a record-setting aerial photo at 3:30 pm that day, flexing our recycling muscles as well as bringing the 2016 Austin Recycles Games to an end.
Whether you want to celebrate planet earth through:
- Quiet contemplation and physical/spiritual realignment (acupuncture, yoga, and mindfulness classes await in the zen zone)
- Culinary bliss (vegan and vegetarian food trucks will be at your service)
- Stimulating dialogue (a series of eco-related conversations will be hosted by leaders in green tech, sustainable food, climate, and more)
- Joyful movement (connecting Austin with its Latin population through dance)
- or killer jams (Asleep at the Wheel tops the musical line-up, along with Ruby & The Reckless, Sweet Spirit, and Riders Against the Storm)
…this festival provides a variety of ways to express your appreciation. As an added bonus, if you need to recycle difficult items like electronics and textiles, bring ’em to the festival and toss ’em in their designated recycling bins!
When: Saturday April 23rd, 12 pm – 7 pm
Where: Mueller Hangar — 4550 Mueller Central Dr., Austin TX 78723
Free admission, kids welcome
**The Austin Earth Day Festival’s website server tends to crash on certain pages. If you can’t access any info from their main site, visit their Facebook page here!**